International Moving Costs
International moving costs can vary significantly and so can the quality of service. Successful international moves require proper planning and more importantly an experienced service provider. As with any service “ultimately you get what you pay for”. It’s an industry fact that the true cost of an international move can only be measured at destination.
Here are some important things to consider:
- Where possible use a company that has it’s own office at destination. This will ensure consistency in service and ultimate responsibility “door to door”.
- Carry all important documents with you. Do not include them in your shipment of household goods.
- Thoroughly research destination Customs information on what documentation is required and what items may be prohibited from entry. Crown, as experienced international removalists can assist with this.
- Beware of hidden costs at destination. Crown can provide door to door quotations that include all clearance and destination port charges while advising you of any third party costs (such as Customs duties) which may be applicable to your goods.
- Marine insurance will be an important consideration. Ensure your mover explains the process at destination in the event of any claim.
- Talk to other people who have moved overseas before and ask them for their advice.
Remember when moving your belongings overseas, international moving costs can vary significantly. If you are sourcing quotes ensure the companies are quoting on the same level of service.