When faced with moving house our attention immediately turns to removalist boxes. Where can they be sourced? How many removalist boxes will I need? How much are the likely to cost? However the answers are determined by the type of removalist service you are looking to arrange. For example: are you looking to pack your own furniture and effects or are you interested in a complete door to door removalist service?
If you are looking to “Owner Pack” your shipment you must give consideration to the varied materials that you will require. Removalist boxes come in various shapes and sizes specifically designed for the safe transportation of specific goods. For instance you cannot pack a standard size removalist box with heavy books or tools. This would almost certainly lead to serious damage to the contents or handler.
If you are packing your own goods you should source the appropriate materials from a removalist company. To assist, as part of your moving house checklist prepare an inventory of goods to be moved, this will help the removalists determine exactly what materials you’ll need. The right materials will ultimately save you time and money.
If you are looking for a comprehensive door to door service your removalist quotation will include all material and labour costs from professional packing in your home to unpacking and removal of waste on delivery at destination. You may be surprised at how little extra it can cost for a complete door to door service once you consider the time and cost associated with completing your own packing and unpacking. Remember: Transit insurance will not cover “Owner Packed” items for damage.
Whether you are looking for an interstate removalist, local removalist or international removalist, Crown can provide tailored services to meet your budget and needs. Our uniformed pack teams are expertly trained to ensure your belongings are packed safely and securely for transit. Our packaging is made for specific purposes and manufactured from high quality materials and our recycling program ensures environmentally friendly practices. High value items can require custom packaging and crating however our on-site carpenter is on-hand to create the solution.
Crown’s reputation as a quality removalist is second to none. Our practices are certified to ISO international Standards.
Here’s some basic packaging tips:
- Avoid the use of plastics on leather or polished timber furniture
- Cushioned Craft Paper is used for the wrapping of furniture pieces travelling overseas
- Fragile or high value items are often wrapped and custom crated to ensure protection
Small Fragile Items
- From glassware to china, large or small, each item is individually wrapped, cushioned and carefully boxed prior to shipment.
Large Fragile Items
- Tissue and corrugated bubble-wrap for added protection
- Contour-packing allows for safer handling and space-efficient loading
- Custom crating provides maximum protection, where needed
- Lay-down cartons keep clothes flat and save space
- Upright wardrobes let coats and suits remain hanging in transit
- Items should be clean and dry prior to packing
- Plasma and LCD screens are protected through the use of purpose made packaging.
- Always must be custom-packed
- Grand pianos are disassembled for transit
- Extra care is taken to accommodate heavy weight and delicate inner mechanism
- Note: Piano should be tuned two weeks after delivery
- Always are to be rolled, not folded (length permitting)
- Wrapped with porous material to allow rugs to breathe
- Desiccant packets are used to keep carpets moisture-free
- Note: Rugs should be clean and dry prior to packing
Your personal belongings can arrive safely if you choose a reputable removalist company that has the quality approved practices and industry trained staff. Sourcing removalist boxes is only the beginning. At Crown we can also assist you with your entire journey.