International Removalists, International Movers
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth
Crown Relocations are specialist international removalists with a comprehensive suite of moving services for your international relocation. Crown’s worldwide presence with a unique network of over 260 offices in 60 countries and 5,000 staff means you have a single company to deal with at origin and destination.
Crown’s global reach therefore does not require “carefully selected or best-in-class international partners” that can easily complicate your move. Our direct services can include:
- Complimentary in-house moving survey & consultation.
- Packing and transporting your household goods to your overseas destination.
- International mobility services such as preview trips, organising temporary accommodation, assisting you to find a permanent home, schools for your children and also settling-in support and guidance.
- Insurance and risk protection for your belongings.
- Long or short term storage in a secure, controlled environment.
Other services include:
- International pet transportation
- International money transfer that provides an exchange rate and fee free structure that may save enough money to fund the entire cost of your relocation.
Crown manages and controls your move door-door. Our aim is to ensure that your overseas relocation begins with the attention to detail that gives you confidence that everything has been considered. Your move must be a stress-free as possible and that means that every logistical and emotional aspect is taken care of.
No matter where you are moving overseas - NZ, UK, Europe, UAE, USA or Asia we ready to make certain your international move is a successful one.
Contact Crown today:
Free in-house consultation and survey
With over 50 years of experience we are here to help you and reduce your anxiety of moving internationally. Crown’s highly trained consultants have many years of experience organising and managing successful international relocations. Our people are customer focused, highly personable with the skills learnt over many years to ensure you “Go knowing”.
They will share their knowledge on relocating from Australia and you will be well prepared for your forthcoming international move. We strongly recommend arranging a free in-house consultation and survey to best understand your specific needs.
This consultation is designed to assist us in providing you an accurate service proposal while also identifying any special requirements or specific customer needs. It is also an opportunity for you to ask the many questions you will undoubtedly have.
During the consultation we will create a detailed electronic inventory of the goods to be moved. The total volume of your consignment will be assessed while also identifying any “high value” or “fragile” items that may require special care and packaging. Our advanced operating system ensures all information is shared with our packing team in preparation for moving day.
Our comprehensive door to door service proposals are given without any hidden international moving costs and unwelcome destination charges and duties.
Wrapping & Stowing for a Safe International Move
Your complete satisfaction is our primary goal. We take responsibility for the safety of your belongings door to door. You can be confident that our international removalists are highly trained and experienced and understand the value of your belongings. They wrap, pack and load them with care using only high quality materials. We avoid unnecessary handling which in turn reduces the risk of loss or damage.
To ensure items are easily identified at destination, colour-coded labels are used which correspond with the rooms from which they were removed. It’s a unique way of helping ensure a smooth delivery.
International Removalists Packaging
Crown’s packaging is manufactured from high quality materials and our recycling program ensures environmentally friendly practices. High value or fragile items whether large or small can require custom packaging and crating. These are designed and built for purpose prior to your moving day. The following are examples of the meticulous care taken when packing your household goods.
- Furniture - Cushioned Craft Paper is used for the wrapping of furniture pieces travelling overseas and the use of plastics on leather or polished timber furniture is avoided. Fragile or high value items are wrapped and custom crated to ensure protection.
- Small Fragile Items - From glassware to china, large or small, each item is individually wrapped, cushioned and carefully boxed.
- Large Fragile Items - Tissue and corrugated bubble-wrap are essential for added protection. Contour-packing allows for safer handling and space-efficient loading.
- Clothing - Lay-down cartons keep clothes flat and save space. Upright wardrobes let coats and suits remain hanging in transit. Please make sure that your clothes are clean and dry prior to packing.
- Audio Visual - Plasma and LCD TV screens are protected and require special purpose made packaging.
- Paintings and Prints - Paintings and prints are typically high value items. Measurements of these items are taken during the survey and purpose built crates are used with the precise measurements of each item. Paintings and prints are wrapped carefully before being slid into each crate.
- Rugs - Rugs should always be rolled, not folded (length permitting). They are wrapped in porous material to allow rugs to breathe. Desiccant packets are used to keep carpets moisture-free whilst in transit. Similar to your clothing, rugs should be clean and dry prior to packing.
International Mobility Services
As global international removalists, we understand the issues beyond packing and transporting your belongings you can experience when moving overseas. Our Global Mobility services are designed to help you and your family settle in quickly and comfortably at destination. Your relocation is coordinated by our "Move Managers" both in Australia and at your international destination advising, supporting and updating you throughout your journey. These services include:
- Immigration Services
- Preview Trip Services at your international destination
- Post-Arrival Orientations
- International Home Finding Assistance
- International School Search
- Settling In Services
Many international moves are sponsored by employers and may be subject to a corporate relocation policy. Our Mobility team can ensure that every move is optimised to meet your company policy goals and budgets.
International Removalists Checklist
Whether or not you are a seasoned international traveler, preparation and attention to detail will certainly ease the stress of relocating. Moving internationally can be complex with numerous tasks to be attended to.
Without a clear plan of activities your anxiety is likely to increase as your moving day gets closer. Leveraging Crown’s experience, you can create a comprehensive timetable of tasks that considers every minute detail. Having time related tasks such as 90, 60 30, 7 and moving day groupings is particularly valuable.
Analysing the complexity and difficulty and whether tasks require outside assistance will determine where in the timeframe they fit. The earlier
you engage Crown the better equipped you will be with your timelines.
For more detailed information, please visit Moving House Checklist.
Securely Storing Your Belongings
If you require short or long term storage for items that you do not wish to move, Crown’s facilities provide the highest levels of security.
Licenced by the Australian Customs Department under strict guidelines your goods will be in safe hands.
We will pack your belongings in exactly the same manner as we would as if you are moving them to an overseas destination. They will be stored in purpose built “pods” within Crown’s own facilities.
Moving Internationally with Children
Moving with children can be particularly difficult and stressful. For your children, leaving familiar surroundings, friends and family and heading to an unknown place can be traumatic.
Crown has a range of children's giveaways and destination guides that are designed to help children better understand the country they are moving to. Well written and designed by many international schools they can bring your destination to life by adding some excitement to your overseas move.
Managing the Risk of Moving Internationally
Crown's crews exercise care and professionalism when packing, transporting, delivering and unpacking customer goods and are proud to have one of the highest rated records for claim-free relocations in the industry.
Even though Crown takes every precaution to eliminate risk, it is important to note that relocating personal belongings comes with inherent risks.Crown offers CrownCare, a comprehensive transit protection program offering a variety of policy options to suit.
International Money Transfer
Moving overseas can be expensive, particularly in relation to foreign currency exchange.
Partnering with OFX, Crown can provide you the most competitive exchange rates to maximise the transfer value of your money. With fees waived for Crown customers there is a high potential for you to offset some of your moving costs with this safe and secure service.
International Pet Transport
Relocating overseas and taking your pets can appear daunting. There is no need to be concerned however as Crown and its professional pet relocation service partner can ensure that your pet is safe and comfortable for a long journey.
The team consists of experienced pet handlers and veterinarians trained specifically in ensuring your pet is well cared for and fit for travel. Your pet will be picked up and housed in a transit lounge prior to flying in a highly controlled environment with conditions the same as you will have in cabin.
Crown Relocations - International Removalists – Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth.